Human Resources System
CASE STUDY: Human Resources System
Our client owns a successful electrical business employment 20 staff, with 12 vans on the road servicing domestic householders, strata managers, real estate agents, commercial building managers and renovators.
The company lacked formal human resources systems and procedures and thus was spending an unsustainable amount of time trying to navigate the complexities of employment legislation and best practice. In addition, the business was put at competitive risk because of a key member of staff leaving to set up a competitive business. Although the appropriate polices were in place to mitigate risk in this scenario, the ex-employee claimed that he had never received that Handbook and was therefore not restrained from anti-competitive behaviour.
NorgayHR conducted an audit of the HR operating model which was concluded to be at a low level of maturity. In addition, employment contracts were not aligned to Fair Work and National Employment Standards. NorgayHR recommended that the business engage us on a retained monthly subscription basis to provide the business with technology to manage the administrative aspects of human resources management, a dedicated HR Manager to respond to staff and management queries, as well as executive level human resources expertise to manage riskier issues or more strategic work to support the strategy of the business. As a result NorgayHR are now a proactive partner in the business and staff and management have access to the range of expertise typically found in larger organisations.
1. Significantly improved consistency in managing various aspects of employee management.
2. Relaunched all employment contracts to staff, consulting on queries and questions to complete this process.
3. Enhanced staff induction process through a streamlined approach to contract management and induction.
4. Leadership coaching provided to business owner and management team.
5. Ongoing engagement to respond to staff and management queries.